Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Sleep already

So, I had one Stella Artois, and one glass - about 10 oz of Rogue Chocolate Stout.  And I'm tired.  So... hopefully that will help me sleep.

Yes, I am using alcohol as a sleep aid.  Because I don't want to get back into my Nyquil addiction.

Of course, I could just stay up and watch my guilty pleasure Monday night show, Lost Girl.  But, no, I'm taping it.  The responsible thing to do is to go to bed now and not get sucked into it anymore.

So, I will most likely stay up and watch it.

Anyway, technically, I don't have to do anything for two days!!!  Besides when we went away the other weekend, I haven't had two days off in a row... since... I think since I started my job.

Although, my boss, the cult leader, is having a 4th of July party.  So, since I've been such a nonparticipant, I HAVE to go.  Not, that it won't be a great spread, I'm sure.  It's just, I'm so out of practice with socializing, the thought of going to a work party makes me uncomfortable.  This company is so large with so many people.  What if I am introduced to a bunch of people and quizzed their names later?  Seriously, they might do that!!  Anyway, even if we are enjoying ourselves, we can only stay a little while because I can't bring the doggie to the party anyway, and we can't leave him all cooped up too long.

And it's also our 20th anniversary.  20 years since the first kiss.  Actually, to be technical, I think today is the anniversary of the first kiss, but we just use the 4th of July - kind of like the way they do federal holidays on Mondays.

So, yeah, we didn't discuss it, but today is our anniversary.  Damn.  I was 18.  So young and hopeful.  My life - our life - didn't go exactly as I expected or planned.  But, no regrets.  I'm happy to have shared over half my life with my Food Pimp, the love of my life.  So, happy anniversary, my love - and sweet dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I just want you to know that I'm reading. I have been and will be. It's interesting and nice to hear about what you are doing. Don't stop. I'm sure it's more about "you" and less about "us". So thanks for giving me moments of internet pleasure that just makes me feel happy. It's simple and I have a connection. Congrats to you and the FP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed all my comments today. I have been neglecting to check the email linked to this blog. So this reply may come a little late! But, thanks Ryan for reading. It does really mean a lot to know that some people are reading and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete