Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sometimes I Believe

that there is a god.  Ok, this isn't really a blog about religion, so don't question me, just play along.

Anyway, sometimes things happen that make me wonder.  Like today I had the day off with the FP.  This was our second day off together since he started working.  We went to the beach this morning, and Rudy seemed to be enjoying the little jog we had.  He was well behaved and seemed to enjoy it for the most part.  He did start barking when we were by the car and these women went up to their car next to ours.  But then the second time he saw them he was better.  Then we went to eat a really nice lunch, and then we went home and did chores before floating around in the pool.  We later cooked dinner.  Then we had a good training lesson with the dog trainer.

All this after the stressful day off I had on Tuesday.  If you didn't read that blog, I went up to Orlando because my sister was having surgery to remove cancerous cells.  It went well, but I was still worried beforehand, and I did have to drive all the way there and back in one day by myself, with the fear of getting into an accident. ( I am an anxious paranoid overly cautious driver.  So, the FP worries about me driving, which in turn makes me worry about me driving.) My sister still has to heal, and we still have to make sure that the cancer is all gone, and doesn't come back.

On that same day that my sister was having the operation, my BFF received the news that she wouldn't be buying the house that she had been hoping to call her own.  Big bummer.  I didn't know how to cheer her.

And then after our nice day off, I get a text from my good friend from way back when.  Her dog is dying.  So sad.  She had a horrible day today, when I had a good one.  That makes me think there must be a god.

When I have gone through rough patches, I've thought about how other people were having great days, while I was having a shitty awful day.  And I thought about how other people's lives were going on and progressing, while mine was standing still.

That's how life is.  That's how the god I grew up being taught about runs things.  So, sometimes it seems like that god is sitting there, multitasking, directing all our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment