Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Delivering a package

Is still not as easy as it should be.  I sometimes go to the post office, but I have nightmares of waiting in line for 30 minutes, so I don't go there unless I have to.

There is a UPS store right near our house, but I'm still a little damaged from the horrible deplorable and shoddy UPS service in New Orleans, that I'm still scared to use them.  Even though, the UPS people are great here.  They deliver generally between 12pm and 5pm all the time, and if we aren't home, they try to cover it with the door mat, or put it under the chair or something.

So, the place I go to is Fedex on Hollywood Circle.  I went there today to mail a package to my bff.  That was bad timing.  When I walked in, one man was being helped.  I filled out my form while I waited.  But this other woman who walked in after me was acknowledged first.  She was picking up a copy order.

That order wasn't ready.  And the guy was all by himself.  His associate was on her lunch break, so of course, no way she was helping.  And people kept coming in.

But this guy had to punch holes in the packets and then bind them.  But there were other packets that he hadn't stapled yet.  So he started stapling.  The lady finally said that she would start stapling some of them.

Then the guy finally acknowledged me.  I needed an art box.  He looked at it, said I could probably use a small box.  But he didn't get the box.  He finished with the lady, which took another several minutes.

Then he got my box out.  He had to take it apart.  Then he needed the item I was sending.  It was a painting I had made for my BFF for her birthday.  So, he took it out and inserted in the plastic film attached to the box.  He was having trouble assembling the box, so he was on the floor trying to fold it, and everyone was watching.  They were all looking at my silly 5th grade ability painting.  They were staring at it.  It was embarrassing.

I was embarrassed.  I'm not the best artist....

Finally, he got my package all packed up.  Then we did the computer work.  He asked if I wanted to declare a monetary value for it.  I kind of smirked and said no.  Monetary value.

Well, it's a painting.  It's priceless.  Or rather devoid of monetary value.  Anyway.  I sent my package on it's way across the great United States.  So, hopefully my package finds it's way to my BFF's front doorstep.

It sucks because, I want to share it with you, but I don't want to risk her seeing it before she gets it... what if she sees the picture of it and doesn't like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment