Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life is a TV show

You know how people always say, "I should have my own reality show!" because they think their life is so quirky and interesting?   My TV show would be really boring.  And then people who think my life is so exciting could see that it really isn't 2/3 of the time.

So, what are the highlights of my day?  Let's make a list, shall we?

This morning, Rudy was rooting around in the bedroom, then he came out to the common area and he was chewing on something.  That something was part of a frog skin.  Where he got it from, I'm not sure.  I'm hoping it's from the shit looking lump on the driveway... and I'm hoping it wasn't from inside the house.,

We went for a walk at a nearby park.  I saw a teeny little black snake cross the sidewalk.  It was like a quarter inch thick and maybe 4 inches long.  Ah, the call of the wild!

I paid almost all of the rest of the bills!

I went to Big Lots today.  They have these cute little papasan chairs that are for dorm rooms.  They come in purple and blue and black and a black and white design, and they are only $25.  I think I contemplated why I needed one or two of these chairs for about 10 or 15 minutes.  Luckily, I walked away from them.  And then I got a coupon for 20% off on Sunday.  So, maybe if I feel the need to get one or two, I could get them on Sunday?!

I bought a dog cushion for Rudy at Home Goods store, and he hated it.  I cleaned out his crate and put the cushion under the sheet in there.  He went right in and pulled up the sheet and started pulling at the bed.  So I took it out.  Maybe he can use it in the car or something...

I sat with Rudy on the porch for almost 2 hours today, trying to break him of this barking thing.  He just barked and barked at everyone who got in or out of their cars by the houses near us.  I would say "no" and pull his leash back, but he didn't care.  He kept barking.  I don't want a guard dog, I want a pet.  I mean, he's going to be a big black dog anyway, he's going to scare people without the bark.

I went to the grocery and I cooked dinner today.  It was pretty good, but it was kind of a long process.  I slow roasted a pork shoulder for 6 hours, and then I forgot to start the rice when the pork was resting, so the FP was starving by the time dinner was ready.

The biggest highlight of the day?  Finding out that the new seasons of Wilfred and Breaking Bad are starting!!!!  Yay!  DVR set to record!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment