Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

I've got a big ass dog

laying under my chair.  And I keep being told by dog people that he's going to be much bigger!  What were we thinking when we picked him out?



Ok, he's still got a cute face.  But the barking at other people, dogs and the cats is driving me nuts.  The only time I want him to bark is when he is out back and is ready to come in, or if an intruder has broken into the house.  Those are the only times.

When I picked him up from the more hippie less posh daycare today, the lady said he has definitely grown a lot from the previous week!

When he is full grown, he will have outgrown our teeny little backyard.  He will have outgrown our little house and definitely, he's already too big for the Mini Cooper!  He tries to sit behind my seat on the floor, and there is no room for him there.  He's going to have to learn that he has to sit on the back seat (with the dog cover on).  Maybe if we don't have stuff in the car that will tempt him, we can just put the back down so he will have more room.  Although we will still try to keep him out of that car as much as possible for now.

Anyway, he's still a nice dog besides when he's barking or growling.  I guess other people have worse dogs that are all grown up.  I was looking at a facebook page for squishable.com, and I saw that they are working on a shiba inu squishable.  As some of you might know, a shiba inu is the ultimate doggie that tugs at my heartstrings... I was looking at the comments about how cute this shiba inu puppy is, and one person commented about how they had a shiba inu but he or she was not cuddly and sweet. :(

Awww... the FP just reminded me of why we got a puppy that was going to grow into a monster... because he was such an adorabs (yes, I feel this abbreviation is appropriate in this case) little cutie when he was a baby!!!  I mean ubercute (once again, appropriate adjective in this case).


How could anyone not adopt this sweet looking little guy?!?



2 comments:

  1. He will always think he is a small pup, and will fit in the car, on a chair, under a chair. He is protecting your place-his place- and always will. The bark will be controlled eventually. I have had large and small dogs, all rescued. It is the best to know you are giving them a life-a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy! Even though he can be a big huge furry barrel of teeth and claws sometimes, we love him and are happy to have adopted him!

    ReplyDelete