Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Exactly the same but backwards

So, I drove to Orlando yesterday.  My sister was having an operation to have cancerous cells and lymph nodes removed.  We are hoping that this procedure will be the only treatment she needs.  If so, that would be great.

So, I left yesterday morning, a little before 8 am.  I got gas and a big water, then I headed up the turnpike.

Can I say how nice it was to drive the Mini Cooper Clubman?  I mean, it was a smooth ride, it handled nice, and I had to watch the speedometer constantly to make sure I wasn't going too too fast - like trying to keep it under 85.

I stopped at the Fort Drum Service Plaza for a pee and a coffee coolatta.  Then I was on my way.  I made it to the hospital around 11:20am.  Her friend and her husband were there in the waiting room.  She had just gone into surgery when I got there, so I didn't get to see her.  Not until 4:50pm.  She was in the recovery room, and she was still out of it.

So, we waited some more.  They were waiting for her room assignment, and then once that was done, the room had to be cleaned.  So, finally at about 7:20, I asked how long it would be, because I had to drive back home.  They said not too long, but we could go back to the recovery room to see her.

She was much more awake then.  And thirsty, very thirsty.  After not drinking or eating all day long, I would be dying of thirst.  So, the operation went well, and the surgeon was happy with the procedure.  Now we just have to wait and see.

So, I said goodbye and I got back on the road a little before 8 pm.  I drove until Fort Drum service plaza.  I went to pee. I got a big water.  I wanted shitty dinner from one of the fast food places, but everything was closed, so I got some peanut butter crackers and some cheddar crackers from the vending machine.  Then I got some gas.  And I was on my way back south.  I got home around 11:20pm.  I had a teeny dinner of one meatball and spaghetti with barely any sauce.  Then I woke the boys, and we went into the bedroom and crashed.

Now, it's the next day, and I really don't feel like going to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment