Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

perfect day

You know that Lou Reed song, "Perfect Day?"  Love that song.  I believe it is in the movie "Trainspotting".  I think it's playing when the guy overdoses.  Great movie.

It felt like our day off today.  We hadn't had a day off together since the FP started working over a month ago.  Sure, we've had evenings off together every night, but the whole day off is way different.  So, we totally took advantage of it.  This morning, we slept in until about 6:45am.  That was so luxurious!  We had coffee, then the FP mowed the lawns.  I picked up the dog poo from the backyard.  Of course, while I was picking up the old doos, Rudy decided to make a couple new doos.  So, I admit, I use a glove to pick them up because it's gross.  Especially his are like the size of human doos.  Well, when I had to pick up his big warm steamies, I gagged.  I almost dry heaved.  I mean they were warm.  And they smelled gassy and grassy.  And it was already muggy.  Man, I thought I was going to puke, but I didn't.

After I almost dry heaved, I washed the Element.  It was pretty damn dirty and the paint finish is thin.  Anyway, I washed it.

Then we took Rudy to the beach.  I took him for walkies while the FP went for runnies.  Runnies just means he went for a run, not like he had the runs or anything.  Anyway, Rudy did ok with the walkies, I guess.  He kept trying to trot ahead of me to assert dominance, so I kept having to jerk him back.  Everyone kept passing looking at us with a knowing smirk, like "cute little disobedient puppy!"  Which he is, but he's getting pretty big.

And then we got to the street where the car was parked.  Some guy was crossing from the beach to his car, and Rudy started barking.  That's when I realized that all his barking is definitely protective.  So he's protective around the house and the car.   Which some people might like in a dog.  But I don't.  It's scary.  I don't need him to protect me from every single person that walks by our car and house.  Plus, him being a big black dog when he grows up will be scary enough without the barking.  So, that will have to stop now.

After that, we went straight to the doggie daycare and dropped his barky ass off.  Not to punish him, because he loves it anyway, but because we decided to drive the Mini down to Coral Gables to have a nice lunch at the FP's favorite place, The Local.  It was funny though, because when we were driving, the FP asked if Rudy barked at women too, or just men.  Then when we parked to drop Rudy off, this little old woman with a laundry cart was walking by.  Rudy went crazy and started barking at her, and he wouldn't let up until she passed.  So, Rudy pretty much answered the question for the FP.

So, after getting the FP's contacts in Pembroke Pines, we went and had lunch.  Then we picked up Rudy's ass again.  We were in the Mini, so he still hasn't figured where his spot is.  He tried to bury under my seat, which is too small of a space, so he was poking my ass from the back of the seat.  It was like I was sitting on a boulder.  Luckily, the drive wasn't that long.

After we got home, we put his ass in the crate and went to the Thai store and then Publix.

We got home, and the FP started dinner.  I started blowing up one of the pool loungers that we got.  It was taking forever.  The FP went to find the pump for the air mattress.  He found it, but Rudy had chewed on the attachment, so you had to hold it in.  Finally, the loungers were inflated, so I put them in the pool and floated around.  The FP eventually joined me, and we just floated around the pool with beers in our cup holders.  It was nice.  I mean, that was one of those moments I had been anticipating when I had my mind set on a house with a pool.  Floating around in the pool in a lounge chair bought from Publix with a beer in the cup holder (actually I had just water at first for most of the time) with the sky overcast so that it was actually a little chilly to not be fully submersed in the water.  Anyway, it was nice.  Whoever said money can't buy happiness has never bought a $10 pool lounger with 2 cup holders from Publix before.

Then we ate dinner.  It was fucking delicious.  And we had dessert too.  It was delicious.  This isn't the food blog, so I won't divulge too much about it, though.  You can hear about the food on my food blog in about, oh, let's say three months when I have already totally forgotten about this day.

Nah, I don't think I'll forget about today.  I feel like one of those Ernest Hemingway characters.  If I died tonight, it wouldn't be a bad time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment