Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Adolescent Phase?

Should I be worried that all of a sudden Rudy is barking a lot at people, sometimes growling, and that he almost attacked Stinksy last night?  Or is this normal 5 1/2 month puppy behavior?

He's become posessive so that sometimes if we are just on the couch and one of the cats jumps on the couch, he starts barking at the cat.  And then last night we were eating dinner on the couch.  He was sniffing around and stuff.  Then, Stinksy walked into the room, not even near us, and Rudy started barking and went after Stinksy.  Stinksy jumped up on the shelves.  I grabbed Rudy, but I just couldn't help wondering what would have happened if Stinksy didn't get to the shelves on time?  Would Rudy have tried to bite him with his big huge pearly white teeth?  I hate to think of that.

Then a while after I got home today, for no reason, Rudy started to bark at Stinksy again.  And then he turned the aggression on me and started to bite me and bared his teeth at me.  And a couple times after, he was going into bark mode, but we nipped it in the bud before he started.

We don't plan on leaving him roaming around the house when we aren't home, but it's worrying.  Why is he getting worse?  I mean probably because we have been working a lot and not taking enough time to train him after work.  But it's scary because he's bigger.  And our big fear was having a big dog that was scary.

Well, we are due for another training session - it's been several weeks since our last because of work, and going to Michigan and 4th of July, etc.  We gotta get her back to whip him back into shape!

I don't want to have a big scary dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment