Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Waste

So, I believe in the 6 years I lived in California, I became one of "those Californians".  I'm sure I've preached about this before, but here it is again.

Every day I go to work I watch all the waste.  It's sad.  It's disheartening.  Yet, what do I do to change it?

We don't recycle.  We put cardboard boxes in it's own dumpster, but everything else - cans, plastics and glass all go into the garbage.

Don't even talk about compost.  Of course we don't do that!

We get fish in fairly regularly.  But it seems to go bad pretty fast.  We throw it away fairly frequently.  Also,

I work with boys.  They like to take shortcuts.  They throw things away we can use like bread ends, they are rough on the equipment, and they don't care about mother earth.

All this waste makes me sad.  Makes me want to compost, set up a program with restaurants, grow a garden with restaurant compost.  But I won't I'll just write about wanting to do it during commercials while I watch Legally Blonde....

No comments:

Post a Comment