Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Oh Boy....

Do you ever feel like the present is the future for who knows how long?

No?

Well, aren't you special.

I hate when I reference really old pop culture phrases that really make me feel old.  And I do it all the time, mostly to myself.  But I do it.  A lot of Seinfeld references.  A lot....

Anyhoo, that wasn't the topic of the day.  The topic of the day was... the Groundhog Day effect.

Yes, another dated pop culture reference.

And don't tell me you've never seen the movie with Andie McDowell and Bill Murray.  Because I know you have.  And if you find a clip online, then you'll say, "Oh, yeah, I guess I've seen it."

So, I just feel like my life is kind of on a loop.  I had my "vacation" already.  My big wopping THREE DAY VACATION.  Which consisted of getting up early in the morning after 4 hours of sleep to get to the airport, fly 3 hours, then get in a car and drive 4 and a half hours north to Traverse City, going drinking and staying out late, sleeping in for 9 hours, getting breakfast, trying to go site seeing, but agreeing to just chill at the hotel, going to the wedding and staying for 9 hours, then finally getting a cab back to the hotel, sleeping for 4 hours, getting up, checking out, driving 4 and half hours back to the airport, then flying 3 hours home, and getting dinner, then resting a couple hours before going to bed super early before work the next day.

Not that the wedding wasn't great, but a "vacation"?

So, I don't see taking any "vacation" any time soon.

Ok, there is a chance I will have 2 or 3 days in a row off next week.  That's because we are closed on 4th of July, and I am normally off the day before and the day after.  So, that's three days.  But my chef asked me if I wanted to work another day or not.  I said whatever.  He said whatever.  Do I need the money for the extra day?  Of course.  Do I want 3 days off for a staycation?  Of course.  Well, I'll just see what he says on Sunday.  The big cheese, our corporate cult leader may not want me to work 5 days next week anyway.  Or he may want me to work 5 days because we are supposed to start opening for brunch on Saturdays starting next Saturday.  Oh joy (sarcastic tone)!

Did I tell you how I'm not a big fan of brunch?  Oh sure, I like to go eat brunch.  I just don't like to work it.  It's not my thing.  Working really maybe isn't my thing.  I seemed to be more productive in my personal life when I was unemployed.  That's sad.

Anyway, my original topic was really about vacation.  When the hell will I get a real vacation?  I know, I've only been working for 3 months.  But I think this split days off thing is wearing on me.  I'm an old lady now.  I need two days off successively for proper recovery.

My family is talking about going to the Philippines in December or January.  So that might be my "vacation".  Which, really is not a vacation either.  Going there will not be a leisurely trip.  Having to see everyone who we haven't seen in years or have never met, and burying my mom's ashes will be quite a whirlwind.

So, anyway, I'm hoping I can get those three days off... although I need the money....hm.... or I could just see what happens on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment