Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Leave IT!

Rudy failed.  But really, his failure is my failure, isn't it?

I put a dog treat on the coffee table.  He looked at it.  He laid down in front of it and stared at it intensely.  Then he acted like he was over.  Several minutes later, when I was distracted on the computer, he went straight for it.  He already had it in his mouth and was chewing when I said "Leave It!" and jerked the chain.

Lil fucker.

So, I'm giving him a second chance.  This time it's easier though, because he's tired and just lying on his bed.

He's so good at training when he knows he's being tested.  As soon as he thinks the session is over and we aren't paying attention, he fucks up.

He's a greedy little thing.  I was reading this ebook about Labrador Retrievers, and it said, "Labrador Retrievers are a greedy breed."  LOL!  That is so true.  I know dogs in general are greedy.  But this guy's main purpose in life is to search out objects (edible or inedible) to put in his mouth.  Often, he eats the inedible as well as the edible.  I'm pretty sure he will probably meet his demise because of something he eats.  I'm not saying I advocate him picking up everything in sight, it's just, sometimes he sneaks things.

Hold on, there's a knock on the door... Oh Shit, I think it's the SPCA!

No comments:

Post a Comment