Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Cat Scratch Fever

So, our doggie is back home from boarding, and he's fine.  A little too fine.  He didn't really seem to miss us, which is good in a way, but kind of ... sad.  We were worried he wouldn't follow commands and maybe forget everything we taught him.  But he didn't, thankfully.

Stinksy, however, has been naughty.  I was trying to train Rudy not to take things off the coffee table without permission.  So, we were instructed to leave food or treats on a plate on a coffee table to represent when we set our plate on the table.  So, Rudy looked at it longingly for a while, and then he lay down on his pillow.  A little while later, Stinksy jumped on the table to snatch the treats, and Rudy became alert.  If he can't have it, Stinksy shouldn't have it either.  So, I yelled no, but Stinksy had to swipe at Rudy before running away.  What a little dick!

And then there's the issue of our couch.  Our beloved comfortable couch.  Stinksy started scratching it, and we got a few scratchy boxes, which deterred him for a while.  But when Rudy came into our lives and we were paying more attention to training him, and he chewed up some scratchy boxes, Stinksy went back to full fledged tearing up the couch.

So, yeah, I know we need more scratchy boxes.  But, also the guy likes to be destructive, I swear.  He feels neglected, so he's acting out as the bad kid for attention.  That's my theory.  I mean, I watched him purposely knock a glass of water off the table the other day!  He didn't even try to drink out of it, just knocked it off and then looked at me.

I guess when one child is behaving, there's always another to act up, especially when you have three!

No comments:

Post a Comment