Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Snow

I'll be honest.  I'm a pussy when it comes to temperature and weather.  If I live to be a cranky old lady, I feel sorry for anyone who will have to deal with me.

So, I've been bitching all weekend about the cold windy weather outside.  Inside, I've been bitching about the heat.  In the hotel room, it was wreaking havoc with my sinuses.  Lots of sneeze attacks.

Today, I woke up to some snow flurries.  Little flakes for a few minutes.  So exciting.

I know.  A lot of you are rolling your eyes.  Fucking snow, right?  You're over it, as spring is supposed to be approaching, even if it was a milder winter for some?

Well, I'm a California/Florida/Louisiana girl.  Not used to the cold windy weather.

Sure, I lived in Boston.  For a total of 3 1/2 years.  I'm 38.  That was 9.2% of my life.

Anyway, when we were being driven to the airport, it started snowing again.  Big flakes.  A little squall.  I loved it.  I didn't have my video camera in the front with me, so I couldn't take any video.

When we got dropped off at the airport, I got out my video camera from the depths of my Hello Kitty purse which was buried in the backpack (only one personal item and one carry on) and I recorded a few seconds of snow.  An airport employee laughed at me.  He said, "I hope you're going someplace that doesn't have snow."  And I laughed and said, "Florida."

It's funny, because about half of the year at most, people are envious of the Florida climate.  The other half, they think it's dreadful.  All I know is that we were the darkest people of non African descent in Pittsburgh this weekend.  When we posed in pictures with others, it looked kind of ridiculous.

Well, back to the heat - unless, of course, our flights are delayed!

Here's the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment