Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jackson Galaxy Come Help Me!

Stinksy is bugging the shit out of me.

I know you aren't supposed to hate on your kids, but geez.  This cat.

I woke up to him throwing up on the rug.  He was sleeping in the bedroom, probably on the suitcase that I haven't finished unpacking.  So he woke up to throw up, and he went to the rug.  Why do cats feel the need to go onto a rug to throw up?  He actually threw up on the blue rug, and then he moved to the purply pink rug and spit up a little more on that one too.  So, I cleaned it up.

So, then we went to dim sum far far south.  There was a cuban bakery in the shopping center by the chinese restaurant, so we stopped in there on the way home.  We got a tres leches and two dulce de leche cookies and I got a cafe con leche.

When we got home I put the pastries on the dining room table.  A minute later, there was Stinky, nosing in the bag.  So I put it the cake away and put the cookies on the counter where he might not bother them.  A little bit later, I got a cookie and went to the couch.  And who was up on the coffee table nosily watching me eat that delicious cookie?  Stinksy.

 He saw my coffee, and he started licking it.  So, I had to move it.

He jumped on the couch and tried to sniff the cookie.  So, I pushed him off.  He jumped on the coffee table and watched.

After that, he followed me around the house meowing.

I went outside to water the plants and look at how dirty the pool was.

He followed me out onto the lanai and watched from the screen door.  And he meowed at me.  I would go inside to get something, and he follow me inside.  Then I would go back out and he would go onto the lanai.

I know he was just feeling neglected.  I had stuff to do.  I was being an inattentive mother.  I played elastic string with him for a couple minutes, but it wasn't really fun.  He would just grab the string and hold it until it snapped and hit me.  So, I stopped playing with him.

I mean, I know that he is understimulated.  I know that Jackson Galaxy, host of the show, My Cat From Hell, would tell me to put more cat furniture up, regularly play with him, and maybe even to put him on a leash and practice walking him.  But, I'm kind of busy right now and I don't have a regular schedule, and I don't have the $$$ right now to buy more cat furniture, and I don't have the time to make it right now either.

Maybe when we adopt a puppy, the puppy will be able to keep Stinksy company and keep him properly stimulated and exercised?  Or he will just beat up the puppy and make it hide and whimper in the corner....

No comments:

Post a Comment