Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day One

This is the first day I've worked for money since April 24, 2011.

Yes, that is a long time.

I did work a couple times with the FP, but those don't count really, because it was just like to help him and I didn't get a paycheck or anything, maybe a tip.

This goes without saying (that's another one of those stupid sayings, don't you think?), I'm tired.

I worked 10 hours.  Not really any break.  About an hour or two before I left, I went to piss.  I usually drink a gallon of water every day and piss 6 times a day.  This piss was orange.  I guess that's fitting because the restaurant is orange.

Yay orange!  One of my least favorite colors!  Orange, and brown.  Brown, another one of my least favorite colors!

Oh well.  Let's not start in with a negative attitude.  Let's not pick apart any of the things I saw today that were weird or not right.

So what if they only have one or two tiny mixing bowls and one or two huge mixing bowls and no medium ones?

So, what if they had two dishwashers come in and stand around for several hours when I'm sure there must have been things they could have done.

So what if they don't make their own hot sauce?

So what if they aren't currently making their own fries?

So what if the burners have to be lit with a stick lighter every time you turn them on?

So what if the brand new oven door fell off the hinge?



You know what though?  I am a cook.  I'm making the same money that I made at my last job under the misnomer of chef.  So, that is a good thing.

Also they are nice.  The name of their company is "be nice".  Isn't that nice?

I'm not going to be a dick.  I'm going to focus on the good stuff.  A new job.  Nice new people to work with.  A chance to help grow a new business.  A sense of purpose again.  Oh, and steady income too.

The Fuzz was pissed at me today when I came home.  She came out of the room to stand kind of in the hallway and look at me.  When I addressed her, she meowed in that annoyed voice.  Then when I moved to pet her, she did a 180 and hurried into the bedroom.  Later on, of course, I was in the kitchen making dinner for myself, and I turned around, and there she was 5 feet behind me standing there watching.  I mean, I think she just wanted fresh kibbles, but it was nice to see her there regardless of her motives.

Anyhoo, I'm tired.  I need to watch some DVR'ed shows and then go to bed.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment