Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Need A Vacation!

Damn.  One day off.  I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow!  I still haven't gotten everything done today that I needed/hoped to do.

Okay, so I am off again on Tuesday, if all goes well.  But still, I've been off seven days a week until two weeks ago.  Working 6 - 12 hours a day five days is quite different than working no hours....

Don't get me wrong.  I like my job so far.  How many times have you heard me say, "I like my job"?  A few times?  Once?  Never?!?  But it's the truth.  I like my job.  I get paid well for what I'm doing.  They seem to like me.  Hopefully we'll be busy though.  At some point, if we don't, the hours will start to be slashed.  Let's hope it doesn't happen....

I definitely need to figure out how I can start exercising again, though.  I am PMSing, but I also feel like I have lots of wound up energy from working again, and from the stress of family stuff going on.  If you've ever worked a service industry type job, then you know what I mean from the wound up energy.  After standing on my feet all day, I can't just go home and go to sleep.  Even though I'm exhausted, the working makes me more riled up.  That's part of why service industry people tend to party a lot.  They have all that extra energy they need to expend by drinking, smoking, doing blow, staying up all night and then going into work the next day in the same clothes they wore at work the night before.

Okay, not all service industry people are like that...
But a lot are.

I don't think I can go exercise after work, though.  Even though I have lots of energy after work, it's not useful energy for productive stuff really....  Anyway, depending on when I get off of work, I can't go for a walk or jog by myself at night.  I really don't see myself joining a gym and going to workout a few hours before bed and being able to sleep.  So, I guess I'll have to start drinking after work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment