Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

On The Bus

So, I had to take the bus home today.  For some reason, I had been feeling nauseous at work.  I was tired.  The whole day of being with little Rudy, and having to get up in the middle of the night and take him out to pee pee poo poo really wore me out.  I

t's about a ten minute walk to the bus stop.  When I'm tired and it starts raining as I'm walking to the unsheltered stop, it seems like a long walk.  So, I waited.  I didn't time it, but I would say I waited 15 minutes for it.

Finally, there it was.  I got on, and then I staggered to find a seat.  There were a few seats with the open aisle seat.  I was about to grab one, when I saw a section in the back that was free.

As soon as I sat down, I knew why.  There were four very shady looking people sitting in the back.  The rule that the bad kids sit in the back of the bus also applies to public transportation, I guess.

And apparently, I just got there in time to listen to a deal go down.  It sounded like it was crystal meth or crack to me?  The woman who purchased said she hoped it was enough to help her with her back pain.  She also asked the guy if he knew how to get... some prescription drug.  The name doesn't come to mind.  Some kind of anti anxiety or pain killer or something.  Which he did.  They ended up knowing mutual acquaintances in the same neighborhood.

I was a little concerned.  But, I was very ill.  Sitting in the back of a clunky bus gives me motion sickness.  Which added to my general nausea that I already had.   Well, listening to the shady people talk didn't help.

Oh, and my chest hurt.  I don't think that standing in the rain helped my cold or flu any.  I can feel the moisture in my chest.  I know that I am a hypochondriac.  But, at that moment, I definitely started to wonder if I've developed pneumonia.  I've thought that before though.

Anyway, I wanted to get up and move to the front of the bus.  Partially because I wanted to get away from the shady characters.  Partially because I felt sick and it would help me if I moved up front.  There weren't really any seats up there though.

I ended up getting off the bus a stop or two too early.  When one is walking, a stop or two make a big difference.  Like a five to ten minute difference in the walk home.  That sucked.  I was pissed at myself.

But I was free of the bus.  The drug deal.  The motion sickness.

I had to hurry home, though, because the puppy had been in the crate for 2 and a half hours.  Luckily, when I got home, he was quiet!  And I took him out, and he went wee wee!

And I took him out a couple other times.  He went poo poo once - well one time I took him out he went , stopped, then moved to another spot and finished.  I've been trying to keep him close to me so that when he looks like he's going to go, I take him outside.  But then he doesn't always go.  And he gets freaked out by all the noises.  He also seems to be scared of kids.  The kids next door came home, and when he saw them and heard their voices, he started whining and seemed to be hiding.  Not a bad thing....

Boy am I tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment