Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Wasting Time

Sometimes I realize that having internets service can just hinder any real progress.  And I'm not just talking about being on facebook or IMing with people or stuff like that.  I mean, like spending an hour or more surfing the web for a plastic table.  Yes.  A - plastic - table.  

So, back in the day - my college years and in my 20s, one could furnish one's outdoor space relatively painlessly.  One went into Target or Walmart and bought all those Rubbermaid plastic chairs and a table, and there you go.

We've been looking at Target, Walmart, Kmart, Home Goods, Big Lots... nothing.  There's a lot of glass patio furniture out there.  Glass.  With our luck with glass, we tend to frown upon having a large piece sheet of glass outside, or inside for that matter.  We bought this one bookshelf that was on sale.  We took it home and realized the top shelf is glass.  Good luck to us with that one.

I looked on the IKEA website, and all the tables I like are not available in our Sunrise store, of course.

Nowadays, they have all these fancy trendy wicker sectionals that cost twice as much as my whole living room or more, and those wooden hand carved items and stuff like that.  So, now, you have to finance outdoor furniture.

I'm looking for a wooden spool and maybe some old crab crates instead.

I mean.  All I want is a plastic round, or even rectangle or square table that is big enough for like 4 to 6 people, that won't be dependent on my credit score.  Is that too much to ask?

Yes.  Apparently it is.  I guess we can just get a cheap IKEA indoor table and when that gets soggy and mushy, we can just buy another.  That doesn't sound very ecofriendly though, does it?  Not as ecofriendly as broken glass all over the back.

I did find some tables on the net, finally.  But now, I think I need to look in IKEA first.  It's always better to see what something looks like in real life, before having it shipped, putting it together, realizing one doesn't like it, breaking it down again without messing anything up, and then contacting the place where the item was purchased, paying for shipping, and months later getting the partial refund.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if we weren't planning on berling up some shimps tomorray!  We just want to be able to get some newspaper and spread it on our new lanai dining table and dump all the goodies out onto it....

No comments:

Post a Comment