Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

LOL

So, I have the very bad habit of using LOL a lot as a joke, so much so now that it has become a part of my writing vocabulary.  LOL!!!

Anyway, let's discuss the meaning of LOL.  Laugh Out Loud.  It's more of an expression, right?  You might use it to express your reaction to something.  It's an expression.  You might laugh at a joke, but not necessarily laugh OUT LOUD, right?  Because if you actually laugh out loud, you might really post LMAO.

Well, this is the way I operate.  I realize my operations are not the norm of the general populace.  It's a form of exaggeration.  So, if I'm actually laughing my ass off over something, I might post ROTFL.  If I'm rolling on the floor laughing, I will probably post PIMP or PMP, pissing in my pants or pissing my pants.  If I'm actually pissing my pants, then I probably would use LMAOROTFLPMP.  There's not much though that can get me up to that level.  Watching my mom watch The Fuzz chase her tail for 10 minutes was one of them.  Listening to the FP's dad yawn in this weird way that sounded like a Peter Griffin laugh is another.  Part of that incident that made it so hilarious though, was that I had to be discreet and go in the bedroom, close the door and literally bury my head in a pillow until I was fairly laughed out.

Anyway, what brings me to this topic, you ask?  Oh, you didn't ask.  You were just skimming this blog because it's Christmas and you were just checking in without really absorbing the content?  Fair enough, carry on.

Anyhoo.  It's Christmas Eve Afternoon.  We are obviously at a dark sports bar, even though it is hot and sunny outside.  We are watching Sunday football, which was moved to Saturday on account of Christmas.  So, anyway, there's this lady at the table behind us.  The dolphins are playing the patriots and winning.  This lady seems to be rooting for the Dolphins.  We are in South Florida after all.  She isn't wearing a "Fins" or "Phins" jersey, so how do I know.  Oh because of the blood curdling eardrum shattering screams issuing from her lipsticked maw.  She has the highest pitched "woo" I have ever heard!  Her screams of delight and LOLs make me ROTFLHMEIP - roll on the floor laughing holding my ears in pain.  I'm such a wet blanket.  To want to deny any fan of any team their show of enthusiasm is so grinchish.  But, I believe I have been called the grinch before.  After all, I am the Grinches (Grinch's) own daughter.

MFCAYFHGLCABOCASC!!!!!

Whoever can decode that one, I will go to your house and cook you a fabulous dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment