Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Honk If You're Angry

So, people here sure like to honk their horns a lot.  I mean A LOT.  Especially here in Hallandale.  There are a lot of New Yorkers here.  They are kind of known to be a little aggressive when it comes to driving. They like to close in the gap, and as soon as the light turns green, they like to go.  Not a second later.  If you wait half a second before laying on the gas, you're gonna get honked at for sure.

I have gotten honked at here more than I have ever in my life.  Now, every time I drive, I make sure to hit the gas the millisecond the light turns green.

So, this morning, I was driving back from the beach.  I was turning from the road that runs along the beach - Ocean Drive - onto Hallandale Beach Boulevard.  This old guy was in front of me.  He was driving at a normal speed, and then he hit on the brakes when he got behind a bike.  He slowed way down and was tailing the bike.  The bike was staying as close to the curb as he could - in the bike lane.  The car wouldn't pass him, but he was hogging up both lanes.  And then he honked at the bike.  He Honked At A Bike In The Bike Lane!!!!  So, we swerved around him.  We were turning at the same time.  And this guy slowed down and started drifting into my lane.  Then he drifted back.  Then he was riding down the middle, right between the two lanes.  So, I honked.  And he kept driving in the middle.  So, I honked again, long and hard.

It felt good.  After having everyone else honk at me all these weeks.    And finally the guy got back in his lane.  So, I sped up to look at him.  He was oblivious.  He didn't even notice that he did something wrong.  He just kept driving.  Must have been a tourist.  But it doesn't excuse the driving like shit.  And who the hell honks at fucking bicyclists?  I mean, really.  Who the fuck honks at a bike in the bike lane?  Fucking asshole.  What the fuck is wrong with people.  C'mon man!

No comments:

Post a Comment