Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happiness is....

Wifi
Cable
and a comfy couch.

Oh sure, the FP, The Fuzz and Stinksy to snuggle up to as well.

But, when one has done without for a while, the necessities seem sweeter.

Okay, I had wifi - in the temporary apartment.  But, we had started staying at the house on Christmas Eve.  So, when I needed to get on the internet, I would drive to the apartment.

It took us until Monday, though, to realize that we could bring our TV over and just watch local channels with the antenna...duh!  So, we brought the TV over and set it up in the living room.  But then, later that night, I wanted to go to bed, but I also wanted to watch TV... so I moved the TV into the bedroom.  I know most people have a TV in the bedroom too, but we have not for several years.  Like I said, when one has done without for a while....

The cable guy came today though, so we're all straight.  (I feel bad though for the Brazilian girls who live upstairs from the apartment.  They asked if they could use our wifi since they were only going to be here a few months.  I didn't see them before the cable was cut off to tell them.  Sucks for them!  How horrible to wake up, get on the computer, and the internet doesn't work!)

As for the couch.  We have had the couch since last Wednesday.  So, we've had it for a while.  But, we had been working on the house all last week, getting sweaty and dirty, with bleach or other cleaners or dirt all over us, so we didn't want to sit on the couch.
If you saw our last "couch" - our cheap dorm room futon that the Stinkmonster had carved a cave out of - you would understand why this couch is so very exciting!

My sis and her husband came down for Christmas, so they got to sleep on it.  And they said it was very comfy.  Unlike our new firm mattress.

The FP likes really firm beds, but maybe our bed is too firm as of right now.  But, if it were perfect from the getgo... it probably wouldn't be as comfortable several years later, right?  Anyway, I am way more excited about the couch than the bed.  Probably because I will spend more time on the couch than the bed, LOL!  No, really, I should start timing my daily use of both.  Well, not right now, because we are always doing stuff around the house.  But later, if we ever have a normal life again.

But for now... I'm going to sign out and go sprawl out on the couch and watch some HD TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment