Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Why Don't Cats Understand Pointing?

It gets frustrating when I'm trying to direct a cat to food or an insect, and the cat meows at me and looks at me like I'm stupid.  I can get the cat to smell my finger, but that's as far as it goes.

Also, while I'm talking about cats, again, why are my cats not interested in insects anymore?  Is it just because we have so many?

And another thing about cats.  So, we are moving across the country in a couple of months.  We've been slowly telling people about it.  Honestly, I think the only reason the FP is agreeing to move is because we get to stop one or two nights in New Orleans.  So, getting back to the cats.  Our friend offered us the spare bedroom when we go to New Orleans.  So, I asked the FP to make sure it was okay that our cats would be there too.  So, then, the friend says, I don't think Sassy will like that.  Obviously, Sassy is his cat.  So, now we can't stay with them, even though we would have just kept the cats in the bedroom.  But that is how this guy is.  Meanwhile, my friend who is highly allergic to cats would totally let us stay with her if we asked.

Another thing about cats, I think it's cool when single heterosexual men have cats.  One friend in Boston had this awesome big long haired grey cat named Smokes Butts.  He was a pothead cat.  He just laid around.  One day the roommates were walking into the front door, when they heard a scared meow.  They looked under a car and saw Smokes Butts cowering.  He had been chillin on the window sill and must have fallen three stories down in his sleep.  The vet said that he was fine - if it had been two stories it might have caused damage.  But he was freaked out and hid under the desk for weeks after.

One time, our two grey brother cats were fighting in the tiny studio apartment.  So we brought the bigger slower submissive guy over to stay with Smokes Butts and the roommate's other two cats.  Our cat, Chester, looked like a bigger short haired version of Smokes Butts.  They both had the white patch on their chest.  So, after a little bit, they were best pals.  They were always following each other around, playing, licking each other's asses.  It was cute.  But then it was time to bring Chester back to the studio.  He hated it.  Poor Chester.

One of the worst things about moving is taking the cats.  We've never drugged cats before traveling, but this may be one instance in which we will need to.  The Fuzz hates change.  She doesn't like anything that prevents her from napping around the apartment, with breaks in between to eat and drink.  I don't know if she can handle several long days in the car and several nights in strange hotels.  At the same time, drugs seem to affect her so strongly, I don't want her to be in a heavy sedative haze in the car, and then freak out when it wears off in a hotel room.

Oh cats.  I love them.  But, I can't wait to get a shiba inu dog and a miniature pony.

5 comments:

  1. really, you are moving? :(

    i'm on fall break after the end of this week.do you want to meet up for lunch? i haven't seen you in a few years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep.... Let's definitely meet up sometime

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i forgot, we can use some coupons i have too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cat understands pointing, didn't even have to teach him.

    ReplyDelete