Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fruity Clean

So, as you might know, I don't always shower daily. I don't want to strip my aging skin of essential oils by over showering and drying out my skin. Nah, that's not really why. I just don't feel the need to shower to sit around the apartment all day long and alternate between blogging, going on facebook, craigslist and ebay, and watching That 70s show (which is always on).

However, when I do shower, I end up smelling like ambrosia salad. I have been using the same brand shampoo and conditioner for years. Why? Just because one day I was walking down the street, and a woman I was passing stopped me and said my hair smelled great. She asked what shampoo I used. Garnier Fructis, I replied. An unfamiliar female complimenting my hair is one of the ultimate compliments. Okay, I have tried other shampoos at around the same price point, but they're not as good. Anyway, it smells citrusy fresh.

So then, there's the soap. We've become a body wash family. The FP is so manly that he isn't afraid to also smell like a fruit salad. We don't have a go to brand of body wash, but I will say the cheapest ones are not a bargain. They are really too watery, and they leave one feeling not so fresh unless one uses way more product. Currently, we are using Clean and Clear mango papaya flavored soap with bursting beads filled with fruit extract. Personally, I would prefer to have a creamy relaxing moisturizing body wash, and an exfoliating energizing one as well. But, sadly, we are not a two body wash income family. One of the more memorable flavors is the suave coconut one with bits of coconut husk for scrubbing action. But, you know, there's like any flavor available, really, apricot, orange, tangerine, strawberry, raspberry, green tea, chamomile, lavender, passion fruit, kiwi, mango, cocoa, vanilla, acai berry, cucumber. You name it, there is probably a soap somewhere with that fragrance.

Of course, there's also the important hair serum for after. Currently, I'm using this coconut milk flavored stuff that smells like coconut cake. I love it. I'm like a walking dessert. I'm like tutti frutti gelato.

Not everyone is big on smelling like sweets, though. I really don't quite understand it, but that is the way it is. Especially guys. Those manly body washes are usually overbearing. They just smell like cheap cologne to me. If we stick with the food theme, body washes for men could be more...savory. Like, steak. How's that for a manly smell? Or fried chicken. I love the smell of fried chicken! Maybe even french fries. Spaghetti and meatballs, pizza, philly cheesesteak? There could be non edible scents as well, I guess. Fresh cut grass - nothing more manly than that. Brand new sneakers? For the rock stars - Fender Telecaster or Gibson Les Paul. Crisp hundred dollar bill. Gold jewelry. New luxury sports car smell? So, the guy wouldn't have to actually have the car, he could just smell like it, way cheaper. So, who wants to start a male body wash line of products? We will blow Axe away!

No comments:

Post a Comment