Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hygiene Update

Boy, this blog probably focuses too much on my bodily smells and functions. But, you know, they say, write about what you know best! So, I have this thing that I don't necessarily feel the need to shower if I went swimming in a pool. I know, that's gross. I mean, if I were going to work, or a job interview, or going to play a gig or to a bar or dinner or something important, I would shower.

Once again, there's certain situations in which I don't feel the need to shower if I've been in a pool. And I know just because of the chlorine pools aren't necessarily clean, but they can be cleansing, yes? I mean, if I stink, the pool will rinse the stink off. Does your ass smell like ass? Nothing like a dip in the pool to really get in there and grab the smell. Just think about that next time you swallow pool water. So there. I think this is dia numero dos sin la ducha. Anyway, if you remember, I'm trying to be more green - literally. The one problem I run into though, is that I have dandruff. If I don't warsh my hair every few days (which I don't) then I get all winter wonderland coming out of my hair.

Anyhoo, I've been trying to sell my hair. This is not any easy task. Why don't I just donate it to locks of love, you ask? Because I'm greedy. And I don't quite like what they do. I believe They mainly provide wigs for kids with alopecia which is something that makes kids lose their hair. That's all well and good, but I know that they used to charge cancer patients for wigs. I don't know if the policy has changed. I do see that they make a point to say they "provide" wigs for kids who lost hair for any reasons and that they are not for profit. It's either free or on a sliding scale. But maybe I'm just saying that to make myself feel better because I clearly didn't research to see how the organization is run now.

Getting back to me. And my hair. It's pretty long. I am so over it. I hate having to wash it and comb the tangles out.

I sold it several years ago. And then I slowly grew it out again. I think I had one or two professional haircuts in the whole time since I grew it back out. Anyway. Last time I sold it online on this marketplace called buy and sell hair or something like that. The website became inundated with scammers, so the website was revamped.

I signed up again and posted my hair. I've been talking about selling my hair again for like a year. And people email me. A lot of them are scammers with the certified check deal. The others want to get off on shaving my head, or on watching a video of my head getting shaved. Really.

One guy's email handle is LoverBald. Get it. Creepy. So, we went back and forth on the price. I asked for a lot. He got snippy with me. He said, don't you think that you're asking for too much, especially for your type of hair. Yes, that is what he said. So I explained that I was asking for $200 more than what I thought was the least amount that my hair was worth. I thought that the video was extra. And I said that I didn't know if he was going to be selling the video and if so, I wouldn't be getting any of the royalties. So, he responded, saying that it would be for private use only. Gross. He offered $50 less than my asking price. He creeped me out so much that I said no. Too weird. He asked a week later if I changed my mind. I didn't respond. Then he asked the next week if we could still be friends. I didn't know we were friends to begin with.

So, last time I sold my hair, this one guy was willing to pay a shitload. I don't remember how much, but a lot. It turned out, he just got off on shaving girls heads! Yuck. I was very tempted to do it, but he was creepy. The FP did not want me to do it. So, then I decided I didn't quite want it shaved, I wanted to keep an inch or two. That was a deal breaker for the guy. He got pissed and that was it. About 4 years later, what do I get. An email asking if I would be willing to let a stranger shave my head. Same guy. Same email address. I didn't respond.

The guy I ended up selling my hair to that time gave me a lower offer, but he agreed to come and cut it and give me cash right there. That way, no scam. He didn't quite finish my haircut, so I had the FP snip off the little stray wisps and tails. It looked pretty good for an amateur haircut, actually. So, I dug up this guy's email address. He lives in Seattle, now, I think. He said he would be coming down to San Diego in the fall, and if I wanted, he would buy it at that time. I did get one other offer that seems like it might be legit, but it's easier dealing with someone face to face. So, we'll see what happens. I was going to give a portion of the sale to the Red Cross or some organization for Japan, but now I might just give that portion to my friend who has had a rough summer getting chemo therapy for CNS lymphoma.

1 comment:

  1. Although, I really feel like taking a shower after writing this.....

    ReplyDelete