Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Still Infested

So, the other day we ate Jamaican food, and we brought the leftovers home.  So, last night the FP ate it for dinner.  We went to bed around 1 am, and I was reading.  There were several flies that had found their way into the apartment during the day, and they were all buzzing around my head.  So, finally, I decided to just go to sleep already.

We slept in today.  I mean, I think I got up at 10:30!  So, I got on the computer, and I was drinking my coffee, minding my own business. When I was done, I turned around and stood up, and I stepped in a mess of ants attacking a big oxtail bone.  I mean, they were in a frenzy, and there were so many.  So I sprayed them, and then a few minutes later, I found the rest of the ants trailing through the grout, who hadn't gotten the signal that there was no more breakfast.

So, we cleaned up the house a little, all the while the flies were taunting me.  In the kitchen there were a couple of roach carcasses, but that's a good thing, right?  Better than live ones.

What are we doing moving to a place that has even more insects and bigger roaches?!  I hate roaches and mosquitos, and now ants.  But I'm willingly moving to Florida.

I was just googling spiders in florida, and now I have the heebie jeebies.  I remember many a night battling big ass hairy... wolf spiders?  I think that's what they were.  They always seemed to end up in my bedroom, and I would spend several terrifying nights wondering if it would attack me in my sleep before finally getting rid of it.  I don't care if they aren't really harmful, they are terrifying looking.  I know, that's prejudice.  Just cause a person is terrifying looking would I hit him or her with a newspaper to try to kill him or her?  If he or she were in my bedroom running around on my walls, yes.  Yes I would.

Once, in college, I saw a huge huge one, that might have been a wolf, but it was the biggest spider I have ever seen, besides maybe something at a zoo.  The abdomen was huge!  The whole body was bigger than my hand.  It was in my roommate's room.  I tried to get something to kill it, and it ran into her closet.  I was leaving to go to the club, and I was kind of fucked up, so I wasn't quite sure what to do....  When I came back I told her about the thing, and it eventually came out like it was going to attack us.  We sprayed it with bug spray and it just kept coming at us.  It looked like it was dead and then it started coming for us again.  It took a lot of spray to kill the thing.  And then it shriveled up to a small exoskeleton.

Do I really want to move back to that hot, damp, humid, tropical weather where insects all seem to be bigger and more aggressive?

No comments:

Post a Comment