Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Out of Shape

Man, I walked to the grocery store, and I'm tired.  It's like 2.4 miles round trip.  I did go up and down E street, which has two hills, and I did have to go up and down the Broadway Street overpass twice.  But still, I tried to call a friend on the walk home, and I was slightly breathless trying to talk and walk.  Yeah.  Since my walk to Balboa Park on Tuesday and then the walk to The Office last week, I feel like I've physically regressed!

Anyway, I've been distracted by The Big Bang Theory.  I hate that there's reruns of this show every day.  More TV to get wrapped up in.  Speaking of TV, did anyone watch the Emmys?  I did not.  I watch quite enough TV as it is.  So, it's a very exciting time for me, with the fall season series having started.  Big Bang Theory, as I mentioned is a favorite of mine.  I realize a lot of people don't like it, but having been a nerd growing up (I'm not intelligent enough anymore to qualify), I like shows with funny nerds.  I heart Sheldon.

I still love Community with my crush Joel McHale, but I am so bummed that there is no more Outsourced!  It was just as good, and every Thursday when I got home from work I would debate whether to watch Community or Outsourced first.  It's kind of an OCD thing, kinda like the way I eat Skittles by colors.

Then there's Two and A Half Men.  I really liked Charlie Sheen playing himself, but I think I will enjoy Ashton Kutcher playing himself...again, similarly to That 70s show.

Of course, there's Modern Family, which is hilarious.  And Jersey Shore is back in Italia!  Oh Shnookie.  I can't believe you got it on with Deena.  Gerross!  And The Situation, we know you just want to hookie up with Snookie because she's the most popular public figure of all the Jersey Shore girls.

But there are new shows to get hooked on as well.  New Girl seems to have potential.  I like goofy girl characters that have no shame.  Awkward. is pretty good.  I like teen shows with girls that have shame about everything.

So then Sunday I was excited but unhappy to realize that this past weekend was a free HBO weekend.  I could have been watching True Blood, which I've never seen, and old Sopranos episodes.

So, what was I talking about?  Oh, yeah.  I'm out of shape.  Why?  Damn I'm tired just thinking about all the TV show recordings that I have to manage....

Who won the Emmys anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment