Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cattery Flattery

So, I've had these two canvases that I've wanted to paint on, but I didn't have any kind of subject.  Of course, after going to the museums yesterday, I was full of inspiration.  Well, kind of.  So I am not an artist, I just think it's fun to paint pictures.  So, I knew I wanted to paint some kind of maneki neko.  When I got home, it struck me.  I would do a spoof (not sure if that is quite the correct term) of Rodrigue's Blue Dog, one of my favorites.

So here's the Rodrigue



And here's Blue Cat


That is Hello Kitty duct tape on the bottom left corner.  I bought it a while ago because I just happened to see it and I knew I would need duct tape one day.  So, please don't give me a load of artistic criticism, as I am not an artist.  Okay, I did sign the corner which seems egotistical.  I should have done the signature in the top left like in the Rodrigue, but I didn't want my big name up there.  I think like other non artists, I'm going to start painting a bunch of these and sell them on the beach when I move to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment