Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Whatever Happened to Anderson Cooper?

So, I remember back in the day, when Anderson Cooper was an on location reporter. He went to every violent war torn country, he was one of the first reporters at every natural disaster site. He was admirable, heroic, and good looking. When he started doing a lot of stories with Jeff Corwin, it appeared that the two of them had a special relationship, which made a lot of us admire him more.

The FP got the Anderson Cooper book, "Dispatches from the Edge".  He read it, and then I started reading it.  I read all the way to the Katrina section.  I didn't start it.  And then the FP's friend came to visit, and the FP gave the book to him.  So I never got to read the most important part of the book (to me personally).  I still want to read it, someday.

Now, as I write this blog, his show "Anderson" is on. He is interviewing the Housewives of Beverly Hills. The show seems to be very...Oprah. I know she's rich and is a do gooder and everyone loves her. But, Anderson following in her footsteps? What's going on? I don't even remember the last time I saw him reporting from somewhere other than a TV studio, besides doing the New York New Year's Eve broadcast with Kathy Griffin.

It's like he's gotten soft. It makes me sad. I've seen him giggle way too much in the past few years. Giggle. Uncontrollably. Do you think he's happy? I know that having a job like an international war correspondent can burn someone out, but to turn into a talk show host?

So sad. I miss him standing in the wind blowing around in a hurricane.

Now, when I google him, I find a clip from Anderson. Him going to get a spray tan with... Snooki helping out. Snooki. Don't get me wrong.  I luv Snooks.  She is great.  But, you know how you have friends who you really like, but you don't necessarily ever want them to hang out together or ever meet?  That's how I feel about Anderson Cooper and Snooki.

Oh Anderson! Say it ain't so!!!!!!

Anderson gets a spray tan

3 comments:

  1. maybe anderson and jeff were boyfriends. have you ever seen anderson queen out? he's done it a few times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find any internet gossip to confirm that. The general consensus seems to say no. But I think maybe Corwin is just in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was kidding about him and jeff corwin, but it's pretty obvious to me that AC is gay.

    ReplyDelete