Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Refresher Course

So, I don't really buy new clothes too often.  I just keep wearing the same old ones, and every once in a while I will rotate in a new cheap item that I generally feel guilty about buying.  So, I've finally stopped the old clothes hoarding and gotten rid of a lot of stuff that for whatever reason I felt the compulsion to keep previously.  

I did have this one dress that I bought in Boston.  I lived in Boston 1995 - 1997.  Yeah.  Loooong time ago.  Anyway, there was this Betsy Johnson store on Newbury Street.  So, usually, I would go in and look, but I generally didn't have $300 for some cool dress as thin and delicate as one ply TP.  But, one time I went in, and there was this fluorescent pink dress for like $94.  So, I bought it.  Relatively speaking, it was a good bargain. 

And I went out and got smashed in it over the years.  I would spill beer and cocktails on it.  Other people would spill their drinks on it.  I walked into people's drinks while wearing this dress.  I'm sure I must have fallen in this dress.  I don't think I threw up on it, however.  And there were all kinds of stains on it that became permadirt.  Dry cleaning didn't get the stains out.  And I haven't worn it in years.  But every once in a while when I'm cleaning out the closet, I'll come across it, and I can still wear it, since it was a little loose when I bought it.  So I can't ever bare to throw it away.  

So, I finally decided to draw on it.  You can still see the stains (which I might just draw all over the dress if I can find markers in the colors I want) but the eye definitely gets distracted from the stains.  So, I just did flipping maneki neko figures, and then I outlined some stuff with glow in the dark marker.  Then the damn glow in the dark pen dried out before I was done!  What a ripoff!  Anyway, here's what I've done so far.  I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here.




Silly, huh?

2 comments:

  1. holy shit! that's pretty short! and very fluorescent!

    i like how you customized it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, actually it's not that short, it's just kind of wide so it looks short. I think it goes to my knees. It is so fluorescent. It probably used to blind everyone at the clubs!

    ReplyDelete