Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How was your day dear?

That's great.  Now, can I tell you about mine?  It started at approximately 6 am (I went to sleep at 1am, and I really need 7 hours to be fully operational) when The Fuzz jumped up on the bed, meowed loudly in my face and nipped my arm.  I half heartedly pet her a little, which didn't suffice, so she meowed and nipped again.  Pet pet, meow nip, pet pet pet, meow nip, and so on.  Finally, I was too tired, and the nips were getting more aggressive, so the FP made the eye contact with her, and she went to the middies.  Yes, the middies.  That's what we call the middle of the bed when talking to our cats.  We created this new terminology sometime with the previous two cats.  So, The Fuzz doesn't like to feel trapped and usually will not venture in the middies, unless she wants to be pet very badly.  So, the FP took over, but of course I didn't really get to have any more useful sleep after that.

So, I got out of bed at 9.  And I felt like shit.  Whenever I don't get enough sleep my muscles all are tight.  Anyhoo, I did some "business", which included going back and forth via text with my bff about meeting up in LA before we move to FL, and messaging with another bf about meeting us there also.  Then I went to the mexican market for groceries.  I made caesar salad, because that's what the FP wanted for lunch.  He usually makes it, and it's really damn good.  But, since I wasn't going to go jogging he suggested I make it.  But he always makes the caesar.  He countered, that I knew how to make it too.  So, I said I would just look up one of his cooking class recipes on the mac.  (If you didn't know that I am a cook, this might not seem funny to you.)

So, I made the damn salad.  And it was really tangy, so I added more olive oil, and then the salad seemed too bland so I added more salt, and a little more, and a little more, and then it was too salty for my taste.  For the FP, it was fine, because he always dumps more salt onto his food anyway.   Anyway, I'm not going to give you the recipe or anything, after all, I have a separate food blog for that!

So, after lunch, we put the futon in the bed position and watched all the afternoon sports shows like always.  Well, I slept mostly, but I do like that new show, Dan Le Batard is Highly Questionable?  It's funny.  He's a sports writer in Miami (which happens to be in the area we are moving to), and the set is a pastel kitchen with flamingo wallpaper.  It's just DLB and his dad sitting at a table answering questions about sports news.  It's minimalistic.  I guess people don't like it, but there's something about it that we like.  It's not really overly funny or anything.  Maybe the fact that he clearly likes his dad and gets along with him is nice.  We both have awful dads.  I think they both have Borderline Personality Disorder.  But, I'm not going to get into that too much here, because I have another blog focused on my dad.

Anyhoo, on the way to work, the FP dropped me off at Balboa Park.  If you recall, I walked to the zoo and back in my horrible flip flops a few weeks ago.  That was murder on my feet and legs.  This time, I decided to take it easy.  I got a ride there.  And I went to a couple museums that are free on Tuesday, so way less walking.

So, I went to the Museum of Art first.  There was a show From El Greco to Dali.  I'm not really up on my art history like I was when I was young and in college and I loved taking Humanities classes.  Anyway, I liked the shit.  I realized that I'm still a goth at heart.  The paintings I loved the best were the dark ones.  El Greco's Head of Christ,  Jusepe de Ribera's Head of St. John the Baptist, and another portrait of a fisherman, titled something like  the old fisherman's head.  Guess I like head, LOL.  Of course, Picasso and Dali are always cool too.

After that, I tried to find the Mingei International Museum.  It took a bit, and the front entrance was being redone, so I had to walk around the back way.  And when I got there they told me it was closing in 10 minutes, but they let me in.  Which was cool, because there was just one exhibit I wanted to at least see.  The Maneki Neko!  The Japanese beckoning cats.  You know the ones.  They're usually at the entrance of Chinese restaurants.  Anyway, I love these.  There were all shapes and sizes from the 19th and 20th centuries.  One just wants to grab a couple and run!  I didn't.  There was a staff member hovering over all the cats anyway, telling us all we had a couple minutes left.

After that, I bought an expensive bottled water because I forgot my purple water bottle.  Then I walked home.  In my Nikes.  Much more pleasant of a walk home then last time from the zoo.  45 minutes.

Anyway.  When I got home, I did immediately put on these.

Wow, my feet are big and ugly.  And it looks like I have cankles.  And you can see the sock mark on my big elephant ankles too.  So, these slippers are what this blog post was originally going to be about, but as usual, I've blathered on and on about nothing instead of nothing.  Anyway, these slippers are hideous.  I realize this.  And they are 6 years old.  I got them when we moved to San Diego.  I had that whole broke almost severed middle toe thing going on, so I needed a shoe that would not touch my toe in any way, and that also had good cushioning.  I like that word, cushioning for the pushioning.  So, after my toe healed, I started using these as house slippers.  And they are still intact.  I hate spending loads of money on shoes, but these were like $25.  So I've spent $4.1666666667 or something like that per year on these shoes.  That's a fair deal.  And they are very comfortable.  The soft foamy rubber has cushiony support.  Are they not some of the most ugly slippers you've ever seen?  When my bff came to visit, she asked, why are you wearing your dad's slippers?  

No comments:

Post a Comment