Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Popping Pills

At what point of taking sleeping pills in succession do I become an addict?

Because this is night numero quatro.  I took a half, then another half, then a whole last night, then a half just now.

I gotta say.  They do help me sleep.  The whole last night made me sleep most of the night through.  The halves don't keep me from waking up every hour and a half, but I wake up, look at the clock, and then go back to sleep.

Although, of course, I have been sleeping through until the alarm clock wakes me up.  Which, without the pills, I wake up before the alarm clock almost every day.

So am I an addict?  I mean, I did contemplate not taking one tonight.  But tomorrow is my Friday, and the longest day of the week - figuratively speaking.

But if you've been reading this blog regularly, then you know that I am pretty much an insomniac.  I wish insomnia was as glamourous as being a heroin addict.  It really isn't though.  It's not about staying up late and getting creative sparks of mad genius.

It's just about counting down the minutes until rest.

But isn't that what a lot of my life seems to be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment