Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Domesticity

So, here was a slice of life of today.

We were out on the lanai.  Our friend from San Diego is visiting.  The screw that holds the screen door hydraulic cylinder to the door fell out to the ground.  The FP went inside and got a screwdriver.  Rudy tried to follow him in.  We tried to rescrew it in.  Didn't work.  So, our friend drilled another hole in the door for the screw.  When I got the drill, Rudy was following me around.

When I went back in, I noticed some cat throw up in the "yellow room".  It's a room painted yellow.  After I was done doing whatever I was doing outside, I went inside to clean up the throw up.  Then we were hanging out in the lanai again.

The boys were out of beer, so they went to the store to get stuff.  I stayed out with Rudy, although he would have rather gone with them.

I noticed that Robby the Robot pool skimmer kept getting stuck on Jaws the automatic vacuum pool cleaner's hose.  So, I tried to weigh the hose down with a garden rock tied around it with picture hanger wire.  But I think it was too heavy.  The hose was all tangled, so I untangled it.  Then I noticed that Jaws wasn't moving.  He was still sucking, but just not moving.  So I pulled him up and touched some plastic trap piece, and he started working again.

Then the boys came back and went on the lanai.  I came in here to get on the internets.  At one point, the FP came in to get more beers and Rudy followed him in and stayed inside.  He was quiet at first, laying by the freezer like he likes to do.  Then he started roaming around.  First he picked up the FP's dirty running shorts and carried them out to chew on them.  So, I took them away.  Then he grabbed the FP's swim trunks.  I took that away.  Then he grabbed one of the FP's shoes.  I took that away, and I took Rudy back outside.  If he wanted to chew on the FP's stuff so badly, I figured he would rather have the real thing instead.

Then I came back inside to finish this blog entry.   

The End.

(This piece will definitely be considered for a Pulitzer Prize or a Peabody Award, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment