Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Neverending To Do List

It's difficult to try to get all my tasks and errands packed into one day off.  But I try.  Because I have to.  I think I just used to not do tasks and errands.  But now I'm trying to be responsible in as many aspects of my life as possible.

Being responsible takes up a lot of time!

So, what did I do today?

1. Took Rudy to the park to walk.  He didn't really feel like walking, because at 8:30am, it was already hot and humid.  Whenever we got to a sunny spot, he would just sit in the middle of the walkway and whine.  I couldn't very well drag him against the asphalt, could I?
2. Went to the grocery store with the FP to get lunch and stuff for the FP to cook dinner.
3. Took Rudy all the way to the vet in Cutler Bay to get his stitches removed and his last round of puppy vaccinations.  It's like an hour away, so that's almost a 3 hour trip total.  We only used that vet because that is the vet that the rescue has a deal with to get pets neutered and spayed.  The good news was, they said that he could get his rabies shot also.  The bad news was, that being from Broward County, we couldn't get his rabies tag from the vet.
4.  Tried to take a nap with The Fuzz in the bedroom.  It was cut short by the jarring sound of Rudy in the lanai barking at Stinksy.
5.  Woke up and tried to figure out how to get Rudy's Broward county rabies tag.  So, I called a Pet Supermarket near by on the US 1, and they said they sell tags.  So, I went to get the tag.  I went the wrong way on the 1.  I realized this after several miles, and I had to turn around.  The store was like the next street over from our street.  I overshot it by like one block and had to drive for miles to get back to it.  Of course it started pouring when I got to the store.  And then of course, they couldn't give me the tag because I didn't have the original rabies registration paper - it was a pink triplicate.  So, I had to go to the County Animal Care Facility.  Of course, they didn't have the address or directions at the store, so I had to go home first to get directions.  I was pretty tired, and had a headache, and thirsty and nauseous.  But I knew I had to get this done today.  We needed this tag so this guy can go to the parks.  And we wouldn't have time tomorrow.  And I didn't know if we could do it on Saturday.  And I had no idea if or when we would be able to do it next week since we don't have the FP's schedule yet.

So, yeah, I was in a foul mood when I went home to get the directions.  The FP was like, why are you all mad, we don't have to get it done now.  And I was like, yes, I do, after the shit I had to deal with I have a right to be mad, you would be mad too.  So, he went with me to the Animal Care facility.  Probably because he thought I was going to get in a wreck from road rage or something.  It was rush hour, but luckily there was not much traffic at all, and I didn't get lost.  And we basically walked right in and got the tag.  Since the tag was listed in the FP's name, I guess it was a good idea that he went with me.  Although the Pet Supermarket was going to give it to me even though the FP's name was listed.

6.  Went home and put the tag on Rudy.
7.  Did some laundry.
8.  Picked up a little trashy clothes and stuff from the backyard.
9. Had to chill out and watch 2 episodes of Modern Family recorded on the DVR.
10. Ate a lovely dinner.  It started out crazy because I think I was talking when I shoved a forkful of food in my mouth, and I didn't notice that I had put a stick of thyme in my mouth.  Because I have this weird throat muscle weakness thing, It started to slide down my throat, but it got stuck in there, and it felt like I was choking on a rose stem.  I was stuck, but I was trying to cough it up.  But I couldn't, and it hurt.  So, I tried to throw it up, but thick mucus just came out of my mouth and nose.  So, finally, I drank lots of water and had to raise my head to try to help it go down.  Finally, it dislodged.  My throat was sore, but I ate the dinner.  And it was delicious.

11.  I started filling out my rebate form for the pool cleaner, and I realized that I needed to make a copy of the receipt.  So, I hopped in the car and went to Office Max to buy a black ink cartridge for the printer.  Then I came back and copied the receipt and got the rebate ready to mail tomorrow.  I thought I had lost the receipt and rebate form, so I was happy to find it.  Although, I have never gotten a rebate back, ever.  So, I doubt I will get this one, but I'm sure as hell gonna try!

12.  And now I'm writing the blog.

But I didn't finish all my chores.  And I got some to do tomorrow after work.

I guess the To Do List stops only when you die?

No comments:

Post a Comment