Search This Blog

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Time's Out!

So, the first week of March, I started my job.  A week later, I filed my last unemployment form.  So, it wasn't very much since it was only for one week.  I had to fill out the paper form though, since I had worked part of the pay period.

Today, I stopped on the way home from work to fill up the car with gas.  I used my unemployment debit card.  The sweet thing about that, is that it just stops when there's no more money on the card.  I think it stopped at $31.56.

And that was the end of my freeloading.

Okay, it's not freeloading.  I don't feel bad about taking a measley amount of money while I was not working.  I did work prior to that.  And I am working full time now.  In fact, I have been warned by my superior to not make so much overtime.  I'm not afraid of work, and I had not been avoiding it.  I had been trying to figure out my life and my next step.

For now, the next step is to work as much as I can.

And enjoy life and my family and friends as much as possible. (Yes I realize that we don't really have friends here, but we do have friends.

Anyway, that's that.  I'm in the work force.  And if this job doesn't pan out in the next 17 months or so, I can't file a new unemployment request.  So, hopefully it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment