Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Had Something Good To Write About, But I Forgot

It must not have been that good.  I don't really want to write about the dog.  I don't want to write about the house.  I don't want to write about work.  So, what was it?

We got chinese take out last night.  So, I randomly broke open a fortune cookie today.  The fortune cookie said "You are due for a short vacation."

It's true!

I've only been working like a month, and we've only had the puppy two and a half weeks.  I'm ready for a little break - it's true.  I think going from not working to working 5 days in a week and not having 2 consecutive days off in a row is a lot for me.

But, you know, it takes longer to slowly ease into the pool than it takes to just dive in!

Speaking of, well the pool isn't deep enough to dive in, but I sure enjoy swimming around in it with Robby the Robot (the automatic pool skimmer) and Sal the Salamander (the inflatable pool lounger).  It's like the two inanimate objects have personalities.  They play tag and they push each other around the pool.  It's cute.  Really, it is.  Yes, I am weird.

Anyway, I've talked about the dog, the house, and work.  Those are the things that consume my life currently.  It won't always be like that, will it?  I've always tried to not be one of those annoying parents that talks about her kids (cats, fish for a short time, and now dog).  It's like, most people, if they don't have a cat, dog or kid, they don't want to hear someone else go on and on about their cat, dog or kid.

So, the FP is getting some dental work done tomorrow, and I am working a few busy, probably stressful days in a row.  So, yeah.... It's taken me about an hour to write this blog because of all the "distractions".  So, I'm going to finish my one beer and eat my indulgent dinner - sushi!

No comments:

Post a Comment