Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Overkill

So, I wash my hands a lot.  Yeah, you might be one of those people who say, yeah, I do too!

Okay, so it's not always a full fledged hand washing, but I run my hands under water a lot all day long.  Most of those times, it does involve soap, just not every single time.

So, I wake up, and I usually pee.  So I wash my hands then.

Then I feed the cats.  I may wash my hands after that.

Then I let the little monster out of the crate and leash him and take him out to pee pee poo poo.

When we come back in, I wash my hands, because I've touched him and his dirty leash.

Then I make myself coffee and green drink if I have it, and cereal.  After that, I may or may not wash my hands.

Then I feed Rudy.  I wash my hands after.  I don't want to smell like dog food and have him bite me even more.

Then, he needs to have a toy to occupy him.  So I get a toy and try to get him interested in it.  I definitely wash my hands after touching his toys.  We try to wash the ones that are washable.

I have to put my contacts in after, so I wash my hands of course beforehand.  This is one of the times when I wash very carefully.

So, on and on.

When I get to work, one of the first things I do is wash my hands before I do any work.  Especially if the dog was in the car.

Then I'm prepping.  Some items require several handwashings between the steps.  Like say if I'm making meatballs, or biscuits or whatever.  Some things require gloves, some, you can't use gloves with.  But it's a lot of handwashing.

Then of course, service is a different matter.

I work pantry so, I make salads.  I don't use gloves.

That may gross you out.

But I warsh my hands A LOT.

So, the salads require several steps.  There's no toss it all in a bowl and then toss it on a plate kind of presentation here.  There are several items, and they all have to be placed just so.

So, I will plate one item that is messy.  Wash my hands.  Plate the next messy item.  Wash or rinse my hands.  Plate the next item.  Warsh my hands.  Plate the next item.  Rinse my hands. Toss the greens in dressing, plate it.  Wash my hands.  Unwrap another item, plate it on the plate.  Season.  Rinse my hands.  Plate another item.  Wash my hands.  Plate the last item, wash my hands.  Then wipe the plate.

So, say we have a busy lunch and I have to make 8 of these plates.  That's a lot of hand washing.

Then, I go home, and wash my hands some more.

I wish I had a handwash counter.  Those of you who think I exaggerate would be astounded.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment