Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ridiculous, I know

So, today was the first day I officially went all the way into the pool.  I mean, I had gone in to my thighs, and dangled my legs in the water before.  But I had not gone in and gone all the way to the "deep" end - which is about 4 1/2 feet.

Oh, I could regale you with the whole long sordid tale of the pool.  But, it's really just pathetic and shows me in a dumb and lazy light.  Basically, if I had either gotten a professional to come and check out the pool when we first moved in, or I had bought a new filter cartridge and a nice automatic pool cleaner, the pool would have been nicely maintained all these months.

But I didn't.  I searched on the internets.  I tried different things.  Other than the most obvious.  Changing the filter cartridge.

So, I hadn't gone swimming in the pool. Until today.  It was a hot one.  But, by the time I went out back to check the chlorine levels, the sun had gone down enough that the palm trees cast a shadow on most of the pool.

And the water was a bit cool.  Even though it was hot today!  I'm guessing the new filter cartridge I put in yesterday had something to do with that, because the water is circulating about twice as fast as it was with the dirty old cartridge.

So, it was great to go in and cool off.  Although, I need to vacuum out the bottom a little more - hopefully tomorrow.  But it would be nice to just come home from work and jump in every day!

Well, I don't want to disappoint you puppy lovers, so here's some photos of the puppy! The puppy with the dirty mouth.  They should make Orbits Gum for puppies.  At any rate we should probably start cleaning his dirty mouth!



No comments:

Post a Comment