Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Oh doggie!

Dogs are like sharks, I think.  They put things in their mouth and chew them around to decide if they want to eat things.  Like rocks.  And leaves.  And dirt.  And sand.  And poo (which they usually eat).  And roof tar.  And bits of broken glass.

Oh, and my arms and legs and heels and pants and shirt.  Except, the way he holds on to my arm, it seems like he is interested in eating it, not just tasting it or chewing on it, or getting my attention.  He wants to tear off a piece of me and swallow it and eat more.

Yeah, I know.  We just don't know what we are doing, right?  And why did we get such a difficult dog?  We didn't know he was going to be difficult!  He was so sweet and docile and attentive and easily excitable.  Now, he just wants to sniff the ground and eat shit, or when we go out, he wants to interact with others.  It takes a lot of effort to get him to play with us.

But, he's our dog, so we gotta do what we gotta do to make him happy and us happy and definitely the cats need to be happy.  Especially the cats.  I feel bad for them.  They are so much lighter than Rudy that I can't tell if they've lost a lot of weight, but I feel like they have.  They used to eat all day long, now, not so much.

Well, I just gotta suck it up and deal with it.  I was the one that wanted a puppy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment