Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

harrisment

So, we have a big oak tree in the front yard.  It pretty much takes up the whole tiny yard, and it is disproportionate to the house.  In this oak tree there are lots of birds living there.  They look like boat-tailed grackles.  You know what those are, right?

Well I didn't know what a boat-tailed grackle was until I googled it.

Anyway, for some reason, a couple of birds have fallen to their deaths on our lawn.  And of course, Rudy has smelled them out.  And I've been trying to keep him away from the one carcass that was dried out to just crispy bones.  Of course, I kept forgetting to get rid of the corpse.

Except for the other night when it was late and dark.  He always is eating some kind of shit, so I didn't realize what he had until he went crazy and dragged it around.  I finally got rid of the body, but he would keep sniffing looking for it.

And then the attacks started.

The first that I saw was yesterday.  We were out front, and Rudy was supposed to be going poo poo pee pee, but he was sniffing the ground as usual.  The birds were squawking like they always do.  It got really loud, and then a black and blue and purple shiny bird swooped down right over Rudy and then back up.  And Rudy didn't even notice.

And then the bird did it again this afternoon in the backyard.  I told the FP about it, and then he told me that he saw the bird swoop down on Rudy once in the front yard and once in the backyard.

So, the thing is after the dog!  I think it's because the birds saw him chewing on their dead family member and they are pissed.

It's kind of funny, but I hope the bird doesn't have some kind of disease and pecks at Rudy and gives him something.  That would be terrible.  I don't know how I'm going to get this on video though.  I would have to just walk out and record the whole time we're out there, hoping to catch this boat-tailed grackle in action, I guess.  I just hope a bunch of other birds don't decide to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment