Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Cat Is Pissed At Me

So, I haven't really written much about the other cat, The Fuzz. She is the apple of The FP's eye, and honestly, if we had a kid I would doubt whether he could love a child more than he loves this cat. If it were socially acceptable and she would go for it, he would take her around in a papoose or a sling.

Anyway, she's very cute.
She's got short legs, but she's big and fluffy. She has medium length fur, except for on her tail, which is longer. She realizes that her tail is her best asset, and she really flaunts it sometimes. She will walk like the way models walk, and she will swish her tail or hold it upright.

She looks like a domesticated cat that has no survival skills for outdoors, like a persian, and she has no survival skills either. As my sister said, she's dainty. And she's not assertive at all. Whenever there are treats or people food to be had, she gets a quarter of it at best. When she wants to inspect or play with some object, she first gingerly paws/bats it with her tufty paw. Then she delicately sniffs it.

Her favorite thing in the world is cat food. So Stinksy has to be on special expensive prescription cat food because he is prone to crystals in his urine. It doesn't look very appealing, but she gets so excited when it's time to put more food in the bowl. She can be passed out deep in the bowels of the closet, but once she hears that telltail sound, she's up and on her way over. She does not like to eat when a human is standing nearby. She will wait until the human vacates a 6 foot radius. Then she takes that tufty paw and scoops a pellet onto the floor. She delicately paws it again, and then she takes it in her little teeth and barely chews it. Then the next one. But, she might only eat 15 kibble at one time. She likes to eat very small meals about 8 times a day. So, like every time she wakes up, she goes for the food bowl.

Anyhoo, getting back to her being pissed at me. She doesn't really trust us. Especially when we are standing. She does not like for us to pick her up. If someone so much as touches the pet taxi and she hears it, she goes into hiding for at least an hour. When she wants affection, she will come to us and demand it. Even if it's the middle of the night and we are passed out. Sometimes she will meow in my face and wake me up. I pretend I'm still asleep, but she will meow some more. Then she will nip my arm. It's cute and all, but I hate being disturbed when sleeping. The FP will wake up and throw his arm across me to pet her. So he's rewarding her negative behavior by positive reinforcement.

She tends to get fleas, although, I don't find the fleas, just rashy bumps. The vet said that she is probably allergic to the flea bites, so it feels just unpleasant really. So, I have to use Advantage on her. It really effects her on the first day, so I try to wait until I have to give it to her. So, it was getting pretty bad. She was on the back of the futon this morning, innocently hanging out. So, I thought that was a good time to sneak up and give it to her without assistance. So, I applied it, and she was off to the closet to cower for the rest of the day. Every time I tried to approach her, she would squint her eyes, as if my presence irritated her like the medication.

It really makes me feel bad every time I have to do this. She hates me for that first day. So, I had to sneak her some treats. I had to sneak them, because I could give Stinksy a whole bag of treats, but if he knew I were giving her some too, he might have to see how many she got and steal them. The treats were in the kitchen. So I turned the water on full blast. Then I also shook the rice in the plastic container. I oh so quietly took the treats out of the cabinet and opened the lid, making sure not to rattle them around. I reached my fingers in as quietly as possible and retrieved 4 treats. I gave them to The Fuzz, and she ate them. A few minutes later, she came out. When I looked at her, she gave me the old squinty face and ran under the table, where she is now. I guess that's progress. Hopefully tomorrow, she will come take a nap with me because she will have missed all the human contact she didn't get today.

No comments:

Post a Comment