Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Getting Old

I sprained my thumb yesterday. I was locking the front door on my way out, and something funny (funny painful, not funny ha ha, mind you) happened. We went for drinks, so I didn't worry about it too much, but it was a nagging pain. It looked like the tendon or muscle was sticking out more than usual. I woke up in the middle of the night, and it was hurting. So, I found some medical tape and wrapped it up so it wouldn't move.

When I woke the next morning, it hurt even more. So I taped my index finger to my thumb for more support. We have a band, and we usually have band practice on Monday night. Luckily for me, the singer postponed practice til Friday. Our drummer has had all kinds of arm/nerve issues for a while. His arm was hurting, so he was also relieved to not practice.

The FP decided he wanted finish this song we had been recording, so he worked on that all afternoon. I decided that I wanted to put a sax part in. Yes, I play sax, no, I'm not that good, and yes, I was a band fag. I had to unwrap my index finger, of course, but my thumb was still safely mummified. So, I recorded my sax parts, and my thumb wasn't hurting too bad. Then I recorded a bass part. This kind of irritated my thumb, but the more I moved it around it seemed to loosen up.

I took the tape off my thumb, and it didn't feel too bad. Of course, now that I'm typing this blog on the computer my thumb is not happy. I guess I have to wrap it back up.

The FP said, you know the band is getting old when the drummer has a pain in his arm, the keyboard player sprained her thumb and it's too late to practice after the singer gets off work around 6pm (she does live in Encinitas). Too bad we're not quite old enough for medicare to cover our aches and pains. I wonder if we will be playing music long enough that we get to the point where we have to wear Depends on stage because we can't wheel our scooters off stage fast enough to not shit or piss our high waisted poly blend pants. If that time comes, I'm going to form a band called It Depends. Maybe we can get a sponsorship from Depends and travel the country in a comfy RV playing to all the retirement communities, sitting room only, show start time 4pm.

I wonder if I should sue the landlady for faulty door locks. She'll just think I'm suing her because I'm jealous of her relationship with the FP, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment