Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

What time do they close the bouncy castle?

So, I live in a predominantly Mexican neighborhood. So, if you're not familiar with the culture of the Mexican family, every time someone has a birthday, they have a backyard fiesta with music, tons of food and drink and they rent tables and chairs and tents if they don't own them. If it's a kid's birthday party, they rent a bouncy castle. The family next door rented a Justin Bieber bouncy castle. They were inflating it around 11 am this morning. So, now, it's 10:10 pm, and I hear the scream of little kids, then silence. So, I guess the bouncy castle closed at 10 pm. Which is the normal time that hotel pools close, so that makes sense.

Speaking of Justin Bieber, it makes me think of guilty pleasure TV shows and movies. So, let's make a list of guilty pleasure stuff that I like in no particular order. I am not going to include obvious shows like Family Guy, because, most everyone watched those at one point or another. Guilty Pleasure suggests that it's embarrassing, even though I'm not really embarrassed of what I watch.

1. Degrassi. If you've never heard of it, you're missing out. It's like the preteen/teen show that was edgy, before My So Called Life, Freaks and Geeks, 90210, The Secret Life of The American Teenager, etc. I watched Degrassi Junior High when Spike was pregnant, and then wheeling a baby carriage with baby Emma around school. Then several years later, I learned that there was a Degrassi The Next Generation, with Emma and her pals as the stars. There were issues like stds, homosexuality, and bullying and school shootings. This later morphed into just Degrassi. I admit, the cast and plots are a little lacking the last few years, but I still watch. Right now there is a new episode Monday thru Thursday. The hot new topic is a female teacher/ male student relationship.

2. Twilight movies. I don't have much to say about these, just that I watched the first two when the FP was out of town. I do not believe he could tolerate more than 2 minutes of one of these movies, so I wouldn't even attempt to subject him to them.

3. Frankly, I can probably watch any teen high school or college comedy/drama. For a while Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared was on TV around midnight, so I've now seen most of those episodes in the past year.

4. Breaking Bad. I only started watching it this summer when all the previous seasons were on, 3 episodes a night, every night leading to the season premier. I recorded and watched every one, except I missed episode two or three from the first season. This show is so addicting, ha ha. But hasn't everyone always wondered what it would be like if a really amazing chemist decided to make illicit drugs? Well, I'm sure this is the case. I like to believe that the people who make those beautiful sheets of acid that produce this mind expanding life altering inspiring trip are these amazing brilliant minds that just do this for the benefit of mankind on the side when they are not curing cancer. Does acid even exist anymore, anyway? Not that I've done it, I'm just asking. I know that a lot of this stuff went around in the 60s, I think, and I heard it was groovy.

5. Tosh.O C'mon. Who doesn't find this show mind numbingly piss your pants funny? And I'm pretty sure there's a running joke as to how many gay jokes about Daniel Tosh can be fit in an episode, along with the one mandatory naked scene by him in every episode.

6. Chelsea Lately/ After Lately. Honestly, I like After Lately more now. But, both are funny and while I would die to work with Chelsea Handler, I would die if I had to work with her. I don't think my nerves could handle it, as I'm already kinda paranoid to begin with. I would have to just drink like she does and take massive amounts of anti anxiety meds and sedatives.

7. Jersey Shore. Yes. Really. Love it.

8. Locked Up Abroad. Amazing show. It's about people who get jailed or held hostage in a foreign country. It's such a shame how all the ones who got caught with drugs were innocent helpless creatures who didn't have a choice or felt forced into it or thought it was going to be pot but it turns out it was cocaine or heroin instead. Anyway, if you haven't seen this show, watch it.

9. Vanished with Beth Holloway. Thank goodness that the mother of the teenager, Natalie Holloway, who was murdered by Joran Van der Sloot in Aruba, got herself a job. But actually, this is a great show about unsolved mysteries of people who disappeared. I guess Beth Holloway is just following in the footsteps of John Walsh with his America's Most Wanted show.

10. Fatal Attractions on Animal Planet. OMG! Such a gory good tragic show! It's about people who own exotic pets who end up maiming or killing them. People getting eaten by their own snakes and wolves and stuff. There was the one lady just in the news, Charla Nash, who was the subject of one episode. Her friend's chimp ripped her face off. Such a great show. Which still doesn't dissuade me from the idea that if I were to come upon a lion or tiger in the wild that they wouldn't kill me, they would just want to snuggle up with me and take a nap because we would have a mutual understanding.

There you have it. Guilty Pleasures.

One parting thought. Is there any adult bouncy castle bars? Hm... you wouldn't be allowed to have a drink in the bouncy castle I guess, and if you were drunk you might throw up in it. So, maybe it's not the best idea. But every once in a while, it would be nice to have a late night bounce. Boy, I miss my BFF's trampoline.....

No comments:

Post a Comment