Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A weird day off

Is a day when I still end up waking up early and having to go into work.

Granted it was only a few hours, but I still had to go in, even though the owner asked me if it was my day off and why was I there.

I still had a nice enough day after work, but the stench of work was still on me.  If you've ever worked any kind of food service, then you know what I'm talking about.  Every day that I have to scoop ice cream, even if it's just one or two scoops, I can still smell the ice cream on my arms even though I tried to wash them.  Of course, maybe I'm ultra sensitive to the smell of ice cream despite my weak sense of smell because of my prior employment at Ben N Jerry's.

So, after work, the FP and I went to lunch.  Then we went to Publix to buy green drink and soy milk (makes us sound like pseudo health nuts, huh?).  Then we picked Rudy up from the daycare way early.  He was surprised, but at least he didn't try to run back into the back like he's done before... instead, he just passed out in the car and then went home and snoozed in the crate for an hour.

Later we took him for a walk downtown, during which we saw the coolest sidewalk stain.
It was a polar bear.  But, I'm going to be a tease, because I don't have a photo of it.  If you are facebook friends with the FP though, then you can see it on his page.  If not, tough shit.

Anyway, here we are now.  Everyone is napping, while I'm blogging, paying bills and watching Twilight.  I just have this urge to watch horribly cheesy bad TV and movies when the FP is away or asleep and I want to unwind.  This piano scene with Edward and Bella reminds me of some Sting video in the 80s or something.

Whelp!  Back to the grind tomorrow.  How else can I pay the bills to watch bad TV and then blog about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment