Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

It's the little things

I didn't blog yesterday.  In case you don't follow Reuters new service.

Anyhoo, I didn't feel like blogging.  It's not a job.  So, if I don't feel like blogging, then most of the time I don't.  Yesterday was a bad day.  I was feeling like I had caught the cold from my boss.  Don't even think about making sexual innuendo jokes, because he's a big ass danish man.  And that's weird.  I also found out a good friend got laid off due to some bullshit corporate restructuring or something.  Oh, and then there's the whole sordid tale with the FP's dad and his frequent stay card in the hospitals of the United States.  He's been in more hospitals that states that I've visited.

So, we were not a happy household last night.

So, I just wanted to take this time to shed some light on some positive things.

Not like me, is it?  Well, when times are tough, the sarcastic ones make jokes.  When times are really tough, they start trying to find the bright side of things.

So, let's not focus on how many paragraphs I've started with "So" because we are focusing on positive light.

So, let's list the little things in life that make me happy, in no specific order.

1. The Fuzz - she's so damn adorable, that every time I see her little pointy face and that fluffy tail, I gasp.  Ok, not every time, but some times.

2.  Stinksy - let's focus on the good... He loves the big flower pot of catnip that's in the lanai, and he loves to curl up in it and squarsh the catnip plant.

3.  When the FP has a day off - I'm so happy for him.  (Not when I have a day off because, it's the little things we're talking about here)

4.When I prep something and it works out just right.  Like say, I make a dressing, and there is just enough to fit into a squeeze bottle or some other container.

5. When I wake up in the morning and realize that I had the foresight to brew a pot of coffee the night before, and get another pot ready to brew.  Because, yeah, we're pretty much going on one pot each in the morning now.  That's 6 servings a pot.

6.  When I find an episode of The Big Bang Theory that I've never seen.  Sometimes, sometimes, it happens.

7.  When Rudy wants to play fetch.  He never does, so it's exciting when he's up for it.

8. When I have a good night's sleep without sleep aids.  Which is rare.  Or maybe that is a big thing, not a little thing, but, I'm going to keep it here.

9. dog shaming - if you don't know this website, then look it up

10. i can has cheezburger? - I know you've seen this lolcats website, an oldie but goodie!

11. and then cuteoverload.com

g'night all - especially you, Reuters reporters out there in newslandia!

No comments:

Post a Comment