Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2019

Update on Stinksy

So, it's been almost 10 days that Stinksy has been on the fentanyl patch.  He's not eating.  We don't want to take him in to get a feeding tube, because he's been prodded and poked enough.  Every so often, I put out a bowl of Fancy Feast with chicken broth.  He doesn't even really smell it.  Although, he usually has a big crusty booger on one nostril.  He hates when I try to pick it out.  I don't know if it's worse when I do, because usually a big blood clot comes loose shortly after.  Then there's a trail of blood all over the place.  And he's just standing there looking at me.

He's a little weaker, but I feel like he's still got lots of energy for how little he's eaten.  He still tries to run out of the door every chance he gets.  He does drink a lot of water.  He tries to drink out of every glass, every water bowl (including Rudy's), every toilet, sink & the bathtub.  Which means he's going through kidney failure from not eating.  It's difficult to watch him.  We are hoping he will just pass away in the night, and soon.  We don't want to have to take him to get euthanized.  I just don't want him to hurt anymore. 😢 💔





No comments:

Post a Comment